State is just under three weeks away!
So for those of you who are reading this and are in JCL with me and are getting ready for state, I hope you're all super excited about it and are studying! Or, well, that you're practicing your Christmas-treeing at least. For those of you with speeches: please don't let them slip away from memory! For those of you who will be attending state for the first time, it really will be the best time. Just... don't do anything stupid. That would be bad.
Any post about state would not be complete without an annual list of Do's and Don'ts. Please, for the love of all that is good and classical, please don't make me add to it this year. It makes me sad to do so.
- Bring your toga. It is very important.
- Bring enough clothes
- If you're going on water rides at the theme park, suitable clothing is needed.
- Cheer LOUDLY at spirit
- Come up with a cheer or two (School-appropriate please)
- Teach said cheers to us!
- Study categories, keep speeches fresh in memoriam, practice your buzzer fingers if you play certamen.
- Listen to your upperclassmen! Unless they're attempting to do something wrong...
- Help at bazaar, take your tests, wear your name tag, and do your best.
- HAVE AN AWESOME TIME!
Well, that's just about it. Soon your teacher will be handing out final papers regarding state. Pay attention to the papers, be ready to leave when the day arrives, and look forward to a great time.Until later,Cheers!
- Move hotel furniture
- Sass your compatriots.
- Mistreat your roommates. Just don't.
- Wander around without a buddy.
- Lose your name tag
- Wader off campus. For the love of all that is good and classical, if you do this we will be kicked out of FJCL for no less than a year
- Forget things at the hotel.
- Forget to call your parents to check in
- Get lost in the theme park
- Not have an awesome time.