Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Day Eighteen: Goodbye, 2013

Well, well, well. Look what's here! The new year! Well, almost that is. I currently have about forty minutes left in 2013 and I couldn't be more excited if I tried. Well, I suppose a cup of coffee could have a bit of an effect, but I suppose it's just a bit late for all of that. Plus, I don't have a way to make any. Moving along!

We were originally going to go to the palace for fireworks, but we decided we would rather stay where it's warm and just have our own little celebration. We've got cookies, chocolate, and marzipan goodies for good luck in the new year. My personal favorites are the mushrooms, but I have a good luck piggy too.
These little guys are meant to bring luck in the new year. There is also one that the confectioneries make that is a chimney sweep on a domino, but I forgot about that one...oops. We also have these little guys, chocolate hedgehogs! 
It's a good thing I know the German word (Igel) because the chocolatier did not speak a lick of English! However, she was very patient with us. Here's a look at what it looks like when confectioneries make the little pigs. 
Truly, 2013 has been a wonderful year, and 2014 promises to hold bigger and better things. I will graduate high school, turn 18, and start college! Where I go remains to be seen, but I won't worry too much about that until letters start coming in again. Here's to a new year filled with adventure, good times, laughter, and all the good luck in the world! 
Cheers and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day Six and Seven: The One Where We Go Home

Tuesday saw another early start, as we had plans to be at Chena Hot Springs Resort. The reason we had to leave so early is that the road to...