Saturday, December 14, 2013

Day One: The Calm Before the Storm

Seeing as how tomorrow is going to be all hustle and bustle and running around, I figured tonight is as good as any to start this. I've been playing around with ideas on how best to document this trip to Germany, and a blog won as the best idea. This is mostly due to the fact that I won't be able to communicate with many people due to the lack of a cell phone over there. Who knows, maybe I'll even keep up with it after we get home. I hope to update this at least every other day with pictures, stories, and the like. Today doesn't have much significance except that I finally finished packing my suitcase; it's well under the weight limit. Hooray for small victories! We'll be airborne Monday afternoon and be there early Tuesday morning.
Actually, it's going to be Tuesday morning over there. In America, it will be about 1 in the morning. However, that's beside the point. We'll be there Tuesday and let's just leave it at that. 
I'm really excited because I haven't been since fourth grade and I get to see everything I did then, and how the cities have changed in the past years. Tomorrow we're going to a Christmas party, getting my Oma, and I'm going to pack electronics. Here's to smooth sailing and a great trip. 
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day Six and Seven: The One Where We Go Home

Tuesday saw another early start, as we had plans to be at Chena Hot Springs Resort. The reason we had to leave so early is that the road to...